Memphis, Tennessee – April 29, 2011 –Wilson Air Center continues to exceed the service expectations of pilots, owners, passengers, and flight crews as evidenced by their continued position at the top of industry surveys. Most recently, Wilson Air Center was voted the #1 Best Small Chain in Professional Pilot magazine’s 2011 Preferences Regarding Aviation Services and Equipment (PRASE) survey.
In addition to the recent recognition, all three current Wilson Air Center locations have been repeatedly acknowledged for their advances in customer service and commitment to excellence. Evidence of these successes can be seen in the continued top rankings in industry-specific publications, as quantified in the timeline below. The fourth Wilson Air Center facility will open its doors this summer in Chattanooga, TN.
“We simply put the customer first, every day,” says Dave Ivey, Vice President, Wilson Air Center. “While it is extremely gratifying to be recognized, we believe our customers deserve this from us, and should ask the same from any FBO they visit.”
Wilson Air Center is credited with reinventing the corporate aviation support industry by blending a heritage rich in hospitality management and a long-standing passion for aviation. It is this passion and dedication to excellence that allowed Bob Wilson, Founder of Wilson Air Center, to change the industry; similar to what his father did to the hotel business when founding Holiday Inn. His work also earned him a recent induction into the Society of Entrepreneurs
The facilitiesoffer corporate services, maintenance, charter, aircraft sales, military handling, airline handling, freight handling, and aircraft management.
With locations in Memphis TN, Charlotte NC and Houston TX, and Chattanooga TN (opening the summer of 2011), Wilson Air Center’s corporate aviation support facilities are renowned for their innovative approach to customer service and satisfaction that originated from roots within the hospitality industry. The Memphis location is the home of one of the world’s largest aircraft canopies, and is touted by the aviation industry as among the top fixed base operations in the United States for the quality of its services and the comfort and design of its facilities. For more information on Wilson Air Center or the services we offer, please call 901-345-2992 or visit www.wilsonair.com.
WILSON AIR CENTER
Timeline of “The Plane Best!®” in Aviation Support Services
- 2000 to 2008 Wilson Air Center voted # 1 Best FBO in Americas by Aviation International News for nine consecutive years; making them the only FBO to ever receive this honor.
- 2007, 2008, 2009 Wilson Air Center voted by flight crews as # 1 Best U.S. FBO Chain Overall by Professional Pilot Magazine for three consecutive years.
- 2010 Wilson Air Center voted # 2 Best U.S. FBO Chain Overall by Professional Pilot
- 2009 Wilson Air Center-Houston named # 1 Most Improved FBO by Professional Pilot Magazine.
- 2011 Wilson Air Center voted # 1 Best Small U.S. FBO Chain by Professional Pilot Magazine.
- 2011 Wilson Air Center-Charlotte voted # 4 Best in Americas by Aviation International News in the Line Service Category.
- 2011 Wilson Air Center-Houston voted # 5 Best in Americas by Aviation International News in the Line Service Category.
- 2011 Wilson Air Center-Charlotte named # 9 Best FBO Overall by Aviation International News, in the Americas (North/South/Latin America).
- 2011 Wilson Air Center- Memphis voted # 7 Best FBO Overall by Aviation International New, in the Americas (North/South/Latin America).
- 2011 All three Wilson Air Centers listed in top 30 Best FBOs (nationwide) in the prestigious Pilots Choice Awards.
- 2011 Wilson Air Center-Charlotte and Memphis listed in top 10 Best FBOs in Pilots Choice Awards.